Tuesday 31 March 2009

The Adrenaline of Being Paid & New Photos


The Road to Bansong
Originally uploaded by Poetprince
So last week, we finally got paid. We not only received our base salary but we were also refunded the money for our plane tickets. The first thing I did was go to the camera shop to buy my new camera.

The only weird thing about buying my camera here in Korea was the fact that I had to pay in cash to get a lower price. In the US, cash is no problem. All you do is go to the ATM, pull out the amount in $100 bills and it's okay. In Korea, the biggest bill they have is a 10,000 won bill which is the equivalent of a $10 bill. Now, imagine you have to pay a couple thousand in cash but all you can do is withdraw $10 bills. I won't tell you how much I had to take out to pay for my camera but walking from the bank to the camera store with my pockets stuffed with 10,000 won notes was probably one of the weirdest moments of my life. All I could do was pray that I didn't get robbed along the way.

So now that I have a new camera, I've started posting pictures on the web, starting with Flickr. Here's a picture of the road to my school. If you click on it, you will be able to see the rest of the album. Tell me what you think. I'd love to hear your impressions!

No comments:

Post a Comment