Monday 9 March 2009

A Few Quick Notes

I've had a few questions about the food & the shopping here. Let me tell you - both are fantastic! Everywhere we go, Shannon and I can find almost any kind of food, from Western fast food (KFC, McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut) to traditional Korean, Japanese, Thai and more.

As for the shopping, it's the same. They just opened a HUGE shopping mall called Shinsegae ("New World") here and it's got to be one of the most upscale shopping centers I've ever seen. They have everything you could want to find inside. Louis Betton, Gucci, Apple Computers, Nike, etc. They also have an ice rink, a rooftop garden with views out across the city, a cinema on the 9th floor and a luxury cinema on the 5th floor where you can sit in comfy armchairs and eat dinner while watching a movie. But that's just Shinsegae. Scattered across this vast city are tens of thousands of stores - big and small, shopping centers, underground markets, street markets, street vendors and fruit/vegetable markets. I think the shopping possibilities are endless here.

To put it simply, I love Busan.

1 comment: